Publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Insomniac Games and Nixxes Software have announced the new features available in the upcoming PC version of Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered!
PC Features Trailer
Some new techniques and tools will be introduced to push things even further when it comes to graphics advancements. Here’s a detailed list:
- Ray-traced reflections are available across the game for those with hardware that supports them. Reflections also have varied quality levels, one of which is a new, higher-quality ray-traced mode that offers even more city detail when web-swinging and fighting crime in Marvel’s New York.
- NVIDIA DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) increases graphics performance using dedicated Tensor Core AI processors found only on GeForce RTX GPUs, boosting frame rates with uncompromised image quality.
- NVIDIA DLAA (Deep Learning Anti-Aliasing) is an AI-based anti-aliasing mode for GeForce RTX gamers who have spare GPU headroom and want higher levels of image quality.
- Beyond choosing output resolutions, we also support a wide range of display ratios, including ultrawide 21:9, panoramic 32:9, and NVIDIA Surround multi-monitor setups.
- Many other rendering systems are more customizable than they have been in the past, with additional quality levels and algorithmic options. These include SSAO, texture filtering, LoD quality, shadows, and more. The game supports windowed, full-screen, and exclusive full-screen rendering modes.
This is really cool. If you’ve got three monitors like me, you’ll be able to get Spider-Man swinging across all your monitors!
Peripherals and Customization Options
Beyond the above PC graphical features, the game also has improved shadows, ray-traced reflections, unlocked framerates, and support for the DualSense wireless controller! We’ll also have the choice to play the game using a mouse and keyboard though I’m pretty sure the experience on a controller will be more fluid and intuitive. Maybe I’ll try the game on a steering wheel and pedals. Coming back to the DualSense controller, we will get to experience adaptive trigger feedback and amazing haptic response while battling iconic Marvel villains.
Players will also have access to achievements and cloud saves on both Steam and the Epic Games Store.
Here are some details about minimum and recommended specs, as well as specs for various graphical preset levels. From what we see, ok la it’s not too demanding to run the game.
By pre-ordering the title, players will be enjoying the following goodies:
- Early unlock for three Spider-Man suits
- The tech-heavy Iron Spider Suit
- The one-of-a-kind Spider-Punk Suit
- The original Velocity Suit
- An early unlock of the Spider-Drone combat gadget
- Five extra skill points to spend on Spidey upgrades
Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered will be out on Steam and Epic Games Store on 12 August. Miles Morales will come to PC later in the year.
With great power comes great responsibility. Time to channel your inner friendly neighborhood web-slinger when the time comes!
Enjoys the art of drifting, stealth-based and racing games; the latter 2 he’s not very good at. His laughter puts hyenas to shame.